Francis Leung was originally from
Hong Kong. He has been playing the piano
since he was five years old. He started to teach music when he was in Hong Kong. After he moved to Australia, he continued to work as
a music teacher, specialising in piano performance and music theory. He has
more than ten years of music teaching experience.
He completed the “Being an Effective Teacher” course from the Associated Broad of the Royal Schools of Music. This course not only helped him become an interactive teacher, but also made him understand the importance of being a life-long learner. Also, he learned the difference between an effective lesson and a mechanical mistake-correcting lesson as well as the skills in teaching scales, aural training, sight-reading and rhythms correctly.
He was awarded the certificate of piano performance from the Associated Board of the Royal School of Music. He was appointed Organist at the St Columba’s Church in
Canberra. Also, he has a good understanding
of music history and different music styles in baroque, classical, romantic
period & twentieth century.
As a school teacher, he gained practical teaching experience at Evatt, Weetangera and Taylor primary schools in
The on-the-job training he received further enhanced the quality of his
lessons. He learned an effective approach to introduce music concepts to
students who are in their early age. He also learned classroom management and
professional conducts of being a music teacher.
He dedicates his spare time to writing four-part harmony and analysing music in different time periods. Also, he has a passion for composition and music history. Each year, he attends different music and teaching workshops to keep up with the latest trends in the music and education field.
• Awarded certificate of "Being an Effective Teacher" from the Associated Board of the Royal School of Music
• Awarded certificate of piano performance from the Associated Board of the Royal School of Music
• Member of Associated Board of the
of Music Royal School
• 10 years of teaching experience
• 20 years of experience in piano performance
• Teaching music in Evatt, Taylor and Weetangera primary schools
• Received on-the-job training in Queensland
• Organist at St Columba's Church